Friday, January 9, 2015

Check in to Class at the Czech Inn!




Have you ever arrived in a city where there were no expectations; yet, once there, the same feeling one feels when in love creeps up within you, and you already know that it will be difficult to say goodbye on the day you have to leave? That was exactly what happened to me once I arrived in the breathtaking city of Prague!


I am getting used to changing travel plans in the last minute, and this time wasn’t any different. Due to technical errors (which, seems to happen a lot!), my trip to Prague, due to just that, was altered, something which in this case happened to be a good thing. Somehow, the data system kept fouling up my bus connection from Warsaw to Prague, and by the time the ticket was paid and confirmed, and despite checking the timetable more than once before selecting the bus of choice, the time of departure on the confirmed ticket did,in deed, not match the time for which I swore I chose. I was therefore in need of lodging for an extra night in this city. I opted to book (at random, as usual) at a different hostel other than the one I had originally booked, thereby giving me an opportunity to experience more than one hostel this time around.


Arriving at the Florenc International Bus Station, I found out (by the help from my iPad and Mapquest as well as Google Translator) that I was only minutes away from the “Czech Inn”. Tired As I was I had not paid attention to what type of hostel I had chosen, and the sole price of 6 Euros for a night sounded quite reasonable...for a bed in a 36 persons dorm!



Once in the lobby of the Czech Inn, and to my astonishment, 6 Euros was going to pay for a night of lodging in pure luxury style, as this hostel definitely is a Boutigue-Hostel in every sense of the word! Elegantly decorated, mixing old architecture, with clean contemporary style, I can recommend this hostel to everyone. I was equally astonished when I walked in to what I had preconceived to be an enormous dorm, only to find a surprising sense of privacy, as the dorm was set up with half-walls, arched mid-entrances, and with beds equipped with soft linen, and privacy drapes in delicate grey velvet, a colour-scheme found and carried throughout the hostel. Waddling out to the bathrooms I did not find showers lined up in massive rows, as one would expect for such a large dorm. Instead, the shower area  was divided by only two (very private) enclosed showers to each area, letting guests primp in the same luxurious style as in any 4-star hotel, before taking on the tours, dining and/or clubbing in Prague,





For an extra 4 Euros, breakfast is available in the cellar of the hostel, which is decorated to create an intimate ambiance while serving as a cafe in the morning and serves as the  hostel bar in the evening. And for this modest price, one is served juices, pancakes, fruit, dried apricots, nuts, on top of everything else which otherwise is included in a hostel breakfast buffet; in other words, it is money well spent!


The staff is young and professional, and more than willing to offer their services of guiding one with regard to locations of museums and tours as well as the transit system, while doing so in remarkable fluent English.

Time to rate:


  • Was the location appropriate: The location of the Czech Inn is a little ways away from the Prague centrum; yet the tram as well as the bus stops and picks up right outside the hostel, and will take you to the heart of the city in minutes.
  • Overall hostel-level: I can only describe this hostel one way : TOP-NOTCH-Boutique-Hostel!
  • Would I let my children stay here: There is no doubt that I would!
  • Would I let my mother stay here: In a private room...absolutely! (With the fear that she wouldn’t want to check out:..if you know what I mean)
  • Low-lights of the hostel: You know, I cannot think of any…?
  • Highlights of the hostel: Overall fabulous!
  • For s(h)e who has tried everything: this place is not going to give you any grand sensation other than you what you ordinarily would in the 4 or 5 star traditional hotels...for a fraction of the price of traditional lodging. Therefore, leave this hostel to the ones who wants to experience luxury for a fraction of the price for traditional luxury lodging…

For more information about Czech Inn, follow this link: http://www.czech-inn.com/


Sincerely,

TheGreatDane




No comments:

Post a Comment